Interviewing a real estate agent can be about as fun as going to the dentist. Many of us don't interview potential candidates on a regular basis. Use these interview questions when you're getting ready to interview a real estate agent to work with you in the sale of your home.
- Was the agent on time and prepared for your meeting?
- Is the agent someone you would be comfortable working with?
- Do you LIKE him/her? Education/Background
- How effective are you at getting homes sold?
- How long have you worked in real estate?
- Are you full-time?
- During what hours are you available?
- Do you have references?
- What is your experience in working with seniors?
- Do you work by yourself or with a team? Who will be my contact person?
- What designations have you earned?
- What 3 things are you particularly good at?
- Do you have referrals?
- How well do you know the senior housing market and available vacancies? (very important when it comes to planning your move)
- What is your marketing plan to sell me property?
- What type of internet marketing do you do? (If you’re aren’t comfortable using technology, ask to see print outs of your home on the websites where it will be listed).
- What steps will you take to make sure the buyer is qualified? How will you make sure we close on time?
- Can you connect me to financial professional who can help protect my assets?
- How often can I expect communication from you about the progress of selling my home? What kind of regular reports will you provide to me?
- How can I present my home in the very best light to potential buyers when they come to look at it?
- Can you provide me with referrals to professionals who can help me with the above-mentioned improvements or other aspects of my move?
- What will my expenses be to sell my house? What will be my “net” after selling my home?
Results **The most important!**
- In the last year, how many houses have you sold? How many of them where listings?
- In the last year, how many of your listings did not sell?
- In the last year, what was the average sale price compared to the list price?
- And finally:
What is your commission?